Monday, September 14, 2009
Hello Everyone, seems like an ages I've been neglected my Blog, so dusty in here, Hehe...
Well apart from my busy days, it has been very cold and dark earlier in the winter here, that makes me lazy to take a picture due to lack of lighting, but of course I'm still cooking variety of food everyday.
I also busy with my one and only daughter Ellyn, she's growing up a lot faster than i thought! She's a chatterbox girl yet very clever :)
Before i forget (although it's a bit late), i wanted to say, happy Fasting for my Muslim friends all over the world! Happy Ramadan. here is a smile from my daughter.
Btw i hope you had a great time and enjoy my Picture plus the recipe...
(this is one of the menu on my Wedding feast!)
Semur Betawi (Sweet Spiced Beef in Jakarta Style)
* 500gr of beef meat, cut into diced
* 200gr of washed potatoes, cut into 2
* 6 cloves of small brown onion
* 4 cloves of garlic
* 2 cm of ginger,bruised
* 4 candle nuts
* 1tsp of ground coriander
* 1tsp of ground white pepper
* 2tsp of ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp cumin
* Salt & Pepper
* 2 dried cloves
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 2 tomato, cut into 4
* 5 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce (indonesian kecap manis)
* 1 tbsp cooking oil
* 100 ml water
Fried Shallot to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a big pot, sauteed the grind ingredients, add meat, cook until colour has changed.
2. Add tomatoes, Sweet soy sauce, Cinnamon stick, cloves. Stir until mixed together, then pour in the water.
3. Simmer until all the water absorbed and meat is tender.
Sprinkle with fried shallot
Serve with Rice.