Here in Melbourne we have a few Indonesian supermarket and they occasionally sell some tools for Indonesian cake/ snack. It is a bit pricey but I'm alright with that for once in a while because I wouldn't bring them by my self from Indonesia, it's too heavy! or too big :-P
I went to Chinese groceries the other day and found quite a lot of Indonesian product / packet food there which is surprising (I wasn't expected at all) I suppose Indonesian product are getting famous (common) here. I would even find some products in any the local groceries here.
And Last night when I watched Master Chef Australia they using agar-agar powder (like gelatine) but it will set in the room temperature after cooked. They made me laugh because they spell it as "ega-ega" instead of "Agar-Agar" hehe... :grin: :lol:
Anyway, I got this recipe from my Indonesaian pocket recipe book :-) enjoy!
Kue Lumpur (Indonesian mini mud cake)
175g all purpose flour
pinch of vanilli powder
100g caster sugar
a pinch of salt
220g potatoes ( steamed, mashed- become 200g)
375 ml coconut milk
1. Heat margarine & water until boiling on the pot.
2. Add flour, vanilli, sugar, salt mashed potatoes, mix well. cool.
3. On the separate bowl, add egg one at a time and mix well with the mixer.
4. Pour in the coconut milk slowly and mix well.
5. Spoon the batter on the heated "kue lumpur mould" and add sultana when it's half cook, close the lid and cook some more until cooked trough (set).