Sunday, January 10, 2010
Summer in Melbourne is really strange, some days cold, some days very hot up to 45 degrees or more, this time of the year (January), even more strange. I still needed my heater early in the morning but needed an AC in the day time, when the sun getting strong...
Lucky me, in our new house we have a very good Ac and ceiling fan in some rooms, plus some fruits tree!! Yippie...
This plum i pick from our garden, don't know exactly when is the plums suppose to be harvest, hehe... when i pick these plums, they taste very sour, so i decided to make something nice than just eat them raw ( i was thinking to make a jam as well).
When i stumble with this recipe from my Donna Hay books, i definitely promised to my self to make it as soon i pick the plums (ending up the day after, hihi..). I thought to my self what the taste will be like, sour and very sweet chocolaty, Hmmm.. interesting and makes me drolling ;P
My daughter love it so much, more than her dad does :), and me??.. es i love it too!! so i would share this recipe for you all.
Plum & Chocolate Clafoutis
* 1/4 cup (50g) Plain flour
* 1/4 cup (30g) Cocoa powder, sifted
* 1/3 cup (75g) Caster sugar
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ( i used vanilla powder)
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup (250ml) (single pouring) cream ~~ i used thicken cream
* 1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
* 20g Unsalted butter, melted
* 8 blood plums, halved & stoned
1. Preheat the oven 10 180°C. Place the flour, cocoa, and sugar in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, place eggs, vanilla and cream and stir to combine.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
4. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
5. Brush a 4 cup (i litre)capacity baking dish with the melted butter.
5. Pour in the chocolate mixture, top with the plum halves and bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
Recipe by Donna Hay ~~ Simple essential Fruit~~
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone...
And don't forget to visit my online book store here :)