Tuesday, January 5, 2010
There are many recipe for banana muffin, and most of all using brown sugar (just like my banana bread), but this recipe called for caster sugar instead, i love the texture of this muffin, so moist and i can really taste the mashed banana.
I don't have mixed spices, so i tried to experiment making them, by mixing a pinch of ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice, the taste was absolutely great!. Even if you only have nutmeg and cinnamon it's just as good.
There is no better feelings than having warm muffin freshly baked from your oven for breakfast, Hmmm.. the smell, the taste are just yummy... with a glass of milk for me because still, i can't drink coffee :(
I got this recipe from my favorite baking book called : The Essential Baking Cookbook"
You can find it in my STORE.
I will share this recipe for you all :) Enjoy...
* 2 1/2 cup self rising flour
* 3/4 cup caster sugar
* 1 cup milk
* 150 g butter, melted, cooled
* 2 eggs lightly beaten
* 1 tsp vanilla essence (i used powdered)
* 1 cup mashed ripe banana
* 1/2 tsp mixed spice
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Mixed sugar, flour, mixed spice, stir trough.
3. Make well in the centre.
4. In a jug, mix together the milk, eggs and venilla essence.
5. Pour liquid into the well in the flour and add the mashed banana then cooled butter. mix well.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Note: Easy for beginner :) no mixer required. So don't be afraid to try .