Thursday, February 26, 2009
Some days i have plenty of white eggs in my fridge, cos I've been making cakes with more yolk, i was thinking to make meringue or pavlova but they both too sweet and my daughter can't really eat them, so i began to search again on the Internet.
When i found this recipe, i can imagine the taste already by looking at the pictures, on one of Indonesian blogger name Rina, i don't know where is she get the recipe from or she could make the recipe :) Thanks Mba Rina. Is very good idea using only white eggs (less cholesterol)and using left over eggs.
The texture is very moist (from the emulsifier), not too sweet and best of all it's pretty Zebra pattern. Enjoy... and here is the recipe both in Indonesian and English language.
Cake Zebra Putih Telur // White egg Zebra cake
400 cc putih telur // egg white
200 gr gula pasir // caster sugar
1 sdt TBM/SP // emulsifier
200 gr blue band, cairkan // butter, melted
175 gr terigu // plain flour
25 gr maizena // cornstarch
1 sdm(tbsp)coklat bubuk/pasta coklat/pasta pandan/pasta strawberry // chocolate powder
1. Putih telur + SP dikocok sampai mengembang. // Beat the white eggs and emulsifier until foamy.
2. Masukkan gula pasir sedikit2 sambil terus dikocok. // Add sugar gradually, keep beating.
3. Masukkan terigu sedikit2 sambil diaduk rata. // Add flour and mix with spoon or spatula.
4. masukkan blue band yg sudah dicairkan, aduk rata. // Add melted butter, keep mixing until smooth.
5. bagi adonan menjadi 2, ½ bagian beri pasta coklat sisanya biarkan putih. // Divided batter into 2 bowl, add 1 bowl with the chocolate powder, mix well.
6. Tuang adonan putih sedikit, lalu tuang adonan coklat. Tuang lagi adonan putih, lalu adonan coklat. Begitu seterusnya sampai adonan habis. // Pour white a spoon full of batter into the greased tin, then add the chocolate batter, do it in order until finish.
7. Panggang sampai matang kurang lebih 20 menit dengan suhu 180 derajat C. // Bake for about 20- 30 minutes or until cooked trough on 180 degrees oven.
Recipe by Rina Rinso