This is traditional snack from Indonesia, i used to eat them when i was little, the price for each is about RP.100; (at that time), i don't have any idea how much it cost now (any idea??). its pretty easy to make and yummy too!, this is my first trial of this recipe, I'd say its successful.
I'm so happy when i saw them raising their size, on my deep fried oil. here is the recipe, that i got from my book called "Ragam kue Tradisional By Saji"...
- 100 ml water
- 175 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon veg oil
- 300 gr plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate (soda kue)
- 100 gr sesame seed
- 400 ml veg oil
- Small bowl of water for dipping
- Heat the sugar and water in a small pan until the sugar dissolves. leave to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat the eggs and 2 tbs veg oil in a bowl for 1 minute, then pour in sugar syrup gradually and beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder,sodium bicarbonate, mix well.
- Divide dough into 10gr each, and roll into a ball.
- Dip into the water, then sprinkle the dough with sesame seed.
- Heat the oil in the deep fry pan. Fried Onde-Onde until rise and golden brown.
I made this before, and everybody who tasted it, love it.
This looks lovely and wish to try it whenever I get a chance!! Lovely pictures !!
Pepy: thanks for the english name, btw my hubby and baby love it too:)
Mbak Titi, aku mo nyontek resep ini ya, buat besok sarapan... Tx ya...:)
MBak nyontek resepnya yah ;)
Post a Comment