Before our trip to Indonesia, i promised to my self to start more cooking Indonesian food ( usually got Indonesian food from catering service), so i brought a couple of traditional Indonesian cooking books and traditional snacks books, and i started to buy some more ingredients for cooking, such as tumeric, coriander leaves, nutmeg, galagal etc, because i know I'll need lots of those ingredients if i cook Indonesian food (that's why im so lazy to start collecting them earlier).
Lucky that my hubby like most Indonesian food, sometimes a bit hot and spicy too, but he doesn't mind, like this dish, i can always put more chillies for build up the hot taste. Next time i will cook a bit more special food, because this dish is easy and quick to make. Just looking at this pictures, i already feel hungry... enjoy! BTW I'll still post some of western food too, don't worry be happy.
Sambal goreng teri kacang ( Anchovy & peanuts sambal)
- 100 gr dried salty anchovies
- 100 gr peanuts (fried in the deep oil until brown)
- 8 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion
- 7 small brown onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 red chili
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 Red tomato
- pinch of salt
- Grind together Brown onion,garlic,chili,palm sugar, salt and tomato.
- Meanwhile,fried the anchovies with 6tbsp oil until brown or until cook through,drain and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add crushed ingredients, cook for another 1 minutes, add peanuts and anchovies,mix them together .
serve with steamed jasmine rice.
laper dan ngilerr
I love anchovy and nuts. I'm sure I'll enjoy this dish as long as it is not too spicy
Pepy: Monggo di coba :)
Fruit species: unfortunately, It is so spicy ;)
Post a Comment