Healthy lunchbox for me is very important especially for my daughter. I rarely gave her package snack as they contains too much sugar or salt, it is fine for once in a while though :) .
As long as I have time to spend in the kitchen I will be more than happy to make her healthy snack for her everyday recess at school. I got this recipe from oats package and we love the combination of the muffins.
They use a little sugar because there are natural sugar added such as honey and dried fruits and that is why I love this recipe.
Oat, Date & Honey Muffin
Canola oil spray for greasing
1 1/2 cups self raising flower
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups traditional oats plus 2 tbs extra
1/3 cups caster sugar
140 g dried dates, roughly chopped
or 3/4 cup sultanas
125 ml canola oil/ sunflower oil
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine milk, egg, oil and honey
2. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan with canola oil spray
3. Sift flour and baking powder into a medium bowl, ad oats, sugar and dates
4. Pour in combined oil, milk, egg and honey.
5. Mix until just combined; spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with extra oats
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.