This will be my last post, before we're going on holiday for 1 month, i made this delicious & healthy snack for us on the way there ^_^. Its less fat because i used olive oil and skim milk. You can always put something else other than choc-chip, such as raisins or dried fruit, more healthy.
Besides i had all the ingredients from my cupboard, so i didn't do any shopping for this snack, which is great for me, and also i wanna empty our pantry before we go, because we don't want to find expired stuff in there when we come back later, haha..
By the way, I never going back to my hometown since i started a new life with my hubby, 2 years ago, and my family there never see my baby yet, so im very excited to show them!!. Maybe i'll post some of our journey's pictures on my diary (indonesian language), See U next time....
Choc-chip muesli slice
(makes 18 pieces)
- Melted butter, to lightly grease
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk choc bits
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/3 milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 18 x 28cm slice pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Combine oats,coconut,choc bits and sugar in a large bowl. Sift flour and baking powder together over the oat mixture.
- Whisk oil,milk and egg together over. Add to oat mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Using the back of the spoon, press the mixture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for15-20 minutes or until slice is golden brown and set. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Source: from Super food ideas magazine, jul 2007